With Access Codes you can accept payments in a semi-automated way.
Here is how it works:
- Accept a payment manually (p2p bank transfer, cash, whatever).
- Generate an access code in InviteMemberBot and send it to your customer.
- Your customer will use this code in your membership bot to activate his subscription.
You can also use access codes to grant access to someone for free.
Single-Use and Multi-Use Access Codes
You may already noticed that you can create Access Codes of two types: single-use and multi-use. Here's the difference:
- Single-use Access Code can only be used once. It expires automatically in 24 hours. Single-use codes are recommended for payments.
- Multi-use Access Code can be used multiple time by different users. Multi-use codes are recommended for gifts and promotions.
Enable Access Codes for your membership bot
To enable this payment method, open your project Payment options > Access Codes and click Enable.
Create a new Access Code
To create a new access code, open @InviteMemberBot and send /newcode command (or /newcodemulti for multi-use access code). Select one of your subscription plans and new code will be created:
As you can see, the message with access code includes short instruction for your client. So you can simply forward the message directly to your customer.
Access Code Activation
To activate a code, your client should open your membership bot, select a plan and click Access Code:
If the access code is correct, access will be given:
And you will receive a notification:
Access Code Cancelation
Please note that it's not possible to "cancel" an access code at the moment. So be careful with issuing and distributing them!